The Celina Animal Hospital was started by Dr. Purcell Boise in 1952. While waiting for the business/home to be completed, Dr. Boise ran the clinic out of a room at Toms Insurance Agency. In January 1953 Dr. Boise moved the practice to Fairground Rd. and Frahm Pike where it stayed until the late 1960's. The orginal practice was roughly 85% large animal, 15% small animal. By 1960 the small side of the practice had grown considerably. Due to health problems Dr. Biose sold the practice and house in 1964 to Dr. David Miller.